How can a social worker help you?

When someone has a worry about the safety or wellbeing of a child they make a referral to Suffolk’s Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH).

When agencies agree there is a worry, one option is for a social worker to undertake a statutory assessment with you. 

Your social worker is there to help and support you and your family make things better for your child. They will help you understand what people are worried about. They will ask you questions about what is working well for you as well as any worries you have.

They will also speak with your child to make sure they understand what life is like for them.

They will want to build a safe and trusting relationship with you and your child and any wider family you want to involve.