Child Sexual Exploitation
Child sexual exploitation is a form of sexual abuse, in which a child or young person is manipulated or forced into taking part in a sexual act. The abuser may physically or verbally threaten or be violent towards them. They will manipulate, groom and try to isolate the child/young person from friends and family. The abuser may control a child or young person through physical or psychological means or through the use of drugs for a sexual purpose.
Who is affected by child sexual exploitation?
What are the signs of child sexual exploitation?
Further Information and Advice
- Capturing & Reporting Intelligence: CSE/CE - Guidance for Families, Professionals and the Community
- Parents Against Child Sexual Exploitation (PACE)
- CEOP Think U Know
- The Children's Society
- The Lucy Faithfull Foundation
- Stop it Now
- Seen and Heard
- Keep Them Safe - Online Course
- Children's Society - Online Exploitation Information and Guidance
- Net Aware - Guide to social networks, apps and games
- Independent Enquiry Into Child Sexual Abuse